Tuesday, March 3, 2009

YAY, Mr. Carlos Ruiz Zafon

I was on Amazon ordering books, and while I searched for another to get the free shipping, I found Carlos Ruiz Zafon has a new book coming out in June. (Insert Bea doing happy dance in her office.) His new book, The Angel’s Game has some of the characters from The Shadow of the Wind returning. Even Carlos Ruiz Zafon’s website is awesome, and The Shadow of the Wind is one of my favorite modern books and responsible for my blog name. If you can’t get to the site right now, the below is from his home page.

“THE ANGEL'S GAME is a tale of lost souls and literary intrigue; a book steeped in the world of writing, with references to Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde and Great Expectations. It is about the demons a writer faces; but also a page-turning mystery and a love story set against the creaking mansions and mysterious alleyways at the dark heart of Barcelona.”

I better finish up Mr. Timothy by Louis Bayard and The Hour I First Believed by Wally Lamb before my shipment arrives, or at least before The Angel’s Game. Now go out, support a writer, buy a book and Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment