Sunday, October 25, 2009

You have just crossed over into the Twilight Zone!

Twilight Zone


As a child I loved watching the Twilight Zone, which surprises me now as to why I don’t read or write sci-fi, fantasy, or horror. To me, the ideas and story lines were so brilliant and ahead of their time. Today I was talking to my friend about ghosts and ghost story, and this made me think back about my favorite Twilight Zone episodes.

One of the scariest for me was about a woman in a wheelchair. She kept receiving phone calls from a man asking if she was all right and taking care of herself. She’d respond but kept asking who it was, but they would never say only inquire about her well being. Then one day, her nurse brings her to the cemetery to visit her son’s grave and a telephone wire leads into his grave. *chills*

One I thought was scary sad was about a guy who loved to read. He worked at a bank (I think) and during his lunch hour went down into the vault to read. During that time there was a nuclear explosion and everything wiped out. He comes out and everyone is gone, but he wanders around and finds a library with books galore. The man is so excited to be able to read all he wants. Then he trips and falls, his glasses fly off and when he feels around for them he accidentally steps and breaks them. It ends with him crying on the library steps because he cannot see, therefore, read.

What are your favorite Twilight Zone episode(s)?

2 comments:

  1. I can't think of any offhand, but that telephone wire one, creepy! They don't make shows like that anymore, that's for sure, leaving so much to imagination, to suggestion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne, They don't make shows like this anymore. Nowadays, horror equates to blood and gore. Take care.

    ReplyDelete