Last week, my blogger friend, Jeri Walker-Bickett awarded me ‘The Best Blog Supporter Award’.
I’m a bit late at posting this award because I was in Spain for a holiday weekend. Anyways, I’d like to thank Jeri for this award. She’s one of my dedicated blog readers, and on top of that, she knows how to work the ‘social media’
clubs sites. Jeri is an inspiration to writing, blogging “What Do I Know?”, and a devoted follower and
virtual friend. She is also my critique partner. Check out her blog—you will only
I’ve received many blog awards, and in recent times, I have just thanked those for awarding them to me due to repeats. I’m very grateful that people think of my blog enough to want to mention it. The Best Blog Supporter Award is to thank and honor members in the blogging world, who continuously read, comment and share your blog with others. To receive this award, I have to reveal a few things about myself that most may not know, so here it goes.
1. I don’t have children, and I’ve never wanted any.
2. For most of my life, I was financially independent and took care of myself along with my family. Now I’m dependent and domesticated, taking care of my husband and four-legged baby, Shakespeare … and I love it.
3. When I was sixteen, I sang with a band, Johnny and the Shakers, at a few places.
4. My ears were pierced when I was in 6th grade, but I don’t wear earrings.
5. When my husband and I travel, we compete at taking pictures.
6. This summer, I’ll be shipping the remains of my material and sentimental things from the U.S. to Germany.
7. I’ve never been in a driving accident *knocks on wood*.
8. In my late 20’s, I got my first tattoo in Vegas, and the following year, the other two.
9. As I continue to work on my novel, I still wonder if my writing is worth reading, or if I’m making a fool of myself.
10. For 13-1/2 years, I worked in IT, troubleshooting hardware and software issues. People find it odd that I don’t have an iPhone, Kindle/Nook, and my iPod is about 10-years old.
Now I’m supposed to pass this along to fellow bloggers who continue to support and encourage me to blog. Below is my award list. I know some people don’t like blog awards, and some people already received this award. I’m simply listing these people because I want them to know that I appreciate them. My appreciation also extends passed the blogging world to those who don’t blog, but continuously read my blog.
Jon Jefferson – Misadventures in Strange Places
Brandon & Bryan – A Beer for the Shower
Peggy Eddleman – Will Write for Cookies
Pat Collingwood-Ruppe – Plain Talk and Ordinary Wisdom
Barb Riley – Written Not With Ink
The rules of claiming this award are simple:
1. Post a link of my blog and Best Blog Supporter award image on your website.
2. Say a few nice things about the one (me) who gave you the award.
3. Tell us things about yourself.
4. Share as you see fit.
Blogs and Appreciation,Bea