The beginning of a New Year is always something to look forward to with a fresh new outlook. It’s a time for resolutions, new behaviors, and/or ridding ourselves of the negative ... And preparation time to expect the unexpected.
I recently returned from the States, and I learned not to expect things. While visiting, I had a calendar of expectations, but the unexpected happened. It was a realization that I should always prepare for the unexpected, not just focus on what I want but what could possibly be.
If there’s one thing I learned during my visit is that everyone is busy, and even though plans are set, the unexpected sometimes pops up. Time doesn’t wait for anyone. It was a wakeup call, and a lesson that while other people’s lives continue on, I also have a life that I must get on with in order to succeed.
When I lived and worked in the United States, my life was completely different than it is now, living and working as a self-published author in Germany. It’s more relaxed, and my husband and I get to spend a lot of time together due to his job and vacation time. I was blessed to get to write full-time and work on my publications, but I also have to admit that I can easily stray from my job—procrastination is one of my weaknesses.
But I feel that 2014 will bring me lots of wonderful life experiences, and writing successes. Like all New Years, I’ve made a few resolutions as a guide. Here they are:
Writing and Publication
1) I hope to make 2 blog posts a week.
2) I hope to keep up and follow more bloggers.
3) If anything, I hope to connect with more writers.
4) My women’s fiction novel, Fogged Up Fairy Tale will be published by the summer.
5) I’ll republish my past books under my new imprint.
6) I will research and learn different ways to promote and market my book(s).
1) I won’t be returning to the States this year, but instead, focus on my success.
2) I’ll get a new domain for my imprint and recreate my website.
3) Each day, I’ll thank God for something I’m grateful for in my life.
4) I’ll lose more weight.
5) This year will be a year of travel.
6) I plan on getting to know other people in Germany, so I can build a community of friends here.
Have you made any resolutions?
I wish you all a wonderful New Years. May you achieve your resolutions.
Resolutions and the Unexpected,