Sunday, September 30, 2012

Cupid’s Culinary Couple



My Love and I have many things in common, and food and cooking are two of them. We enjoy cooking dishes for one another and cooking together. I’m trying to lose weight, and have been, so it’s all been about portion control and exercise (bike riding and walking) with me. If I had to count calories for all of these dishes, I’d stop cooking altogether…and my love wouldn’t want that to happen.

The first of our foods I’d like to share is my Love’s homemade bread. I have to admit, Germany has awesome bread, but my Love’s homemade bread tops them all. This is rye sourdough bread topped with sunflower seeds.


Germany doesn’t sell sausage patties (at least we haven't found any), so my Love found a recipe and started making them himself. These are turkey sage sausage patties. He makes a big batch and then we freeze them and use when needed. 


The first week that I moved to Germany, my Love made a dish from our crock-pot. This was a recipe from a skinny slow cooker magazine. The dish is Quinoa with Sausage and Pepper.


When I was a kid, I never liked chicken noodle soup, but now I love it. I’m in charge of the chicken noodle soup because I make it the best out of the two of us. I remember a few ingredients my mother used in hers and then add a little of my own flavor.


Yesterday, my Love and I decided to make some homemade pot pies. We already made these before, but this time we doubled the recipe to freeze some for later. This dish is from two different recipes. The filling is from one recipe, and we add additional vegetables such as white asparagus, and the crust is from another recipe. I’m posting two pictures; one is of the pot pie before I broke the crust, and one to show the filling.


 
We’re having company over, so I’m making a spicy bourbon roast with salad, dinner rolls, white asparagus and long grain rice. My Love likes baking and made the below cheesecake for today. I’m not quite sure how many people he thought we were having over for dinner, but some of it is going home with our company.


 
I hope you enjoyed our foods. Bon Appétit!

Homemade and Love,
Bea

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! My mouth is watering. Everything looks so good . . . EVERYTHING!
    Something you may not know about me, is that I have a huge (I Mean Huge!) weakness for cheesecake. Yours look so good, that if I were rich, I would be buying an airline ticket and crashing your dinner party.
    Best wishes on your diet . . . I could never do it with those dishes on my table, :)

    Have a wonderful week, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Connie!

      Everything is wonderful. :D

      I love cheesecake too, so it didn't help that he made that HUGE cheesecake. We gave most of it to our guest. If you could, I'd be picking you up from the airport to enjoy some of our Dee-Lish foods.

      Thanks for the wishes. It's a struggle with these foods, but I'm coming along.

      Take care and have a great week!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome. Not only do my wife and I bond over cooking together, but we make a killer pot pie. I think couples should cook together more. It really brings you together. Plus, awesome food. Win/win.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BFTS, It is great and I completely agree about couples cooking together. It lets you both talk about the day or about what you're cooking and can even set the mood for...other things. :) YAY for Chicken Pot Pies!

      Delete
  3. looks delicious. glad you have this tasty way of settling in with joined cooking.

    ReplyDelete