Thursday, July 23, 2009

What's Up with Writing?

It’s time for a little writing update. I entered a few poetry contests and I’m looking at entering a short story contest. The one thing I definitely need to start doing is revising and editing my NaNo WIP from last year. A friend of mine read it and thinks it’s a great story. Yes, yes, he’s my biggest fan, but I believe everything he says. *smiles* With some additions and omissions, I’m hoping it will turn out better than it is now. At least that’s our opinion.

I’ll admit that revising is usually something I try to stay away from for as long as I can. Could be why my story is still waiting to come alive. All I can say right now is that my story is a Thriller, and not in the sexual thriller kind of way. *winks*

To sum up my recent writings, I should hear about one of the poetry contests no later than November 1, and the other one around September 15. The short story I wrote needs cleaning up, and then I’ll submit it.

If you happen to have a lucky penny you just don’t know what to do with please make a wish on it for me. Or you can post your wish for me here. Thanks all.

P.S. if all else fails I could always win the lottery.



6 comments:

  1. Lots of good stuff going on here, much writing to keep you busy! It sounds like you're itching to start that revision, I say "own it!" And I'll pull out my wishing well and toss in a shiny penny with much good wishes for your contests and revision :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I shall own it, Joanne. Thank you for making a wish for me in your cute wishing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bea,

    I like reading your blog. I’m crossing my fingers and took out my old keepsake real four leaf clover and made a wish for your success. :). You are included in my weekly candle requests.

    I don’t know about the lotto as I read some winners get their life totally ruined. Sometimes it’s the old be careful of what you wish for. Rather I wish you successes that will be priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Veejay,

    YAY! I'm so glad you like my blog and thank you, so, so much for the candles and your wish on the four leaf clover. Aw, you are truly a sweetheart.

    I know what you mean about the lottery, but I'd like to prove everyone wrong if they'd just give me a chance. :D I send a few wishes your way.

    Take care, my friend.Veejay,

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sending you good wishes, hugs and one bright shiny penny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yey, happy to know your flowing within your writing, and entering competitions. That is always great fun and motivating. I wish you well. Even if you don't win, you'll still have the experience for what its counted for. Feel free to enter my special giveaway at my blog. I'm giving away something sweet from the bombcosmetics site and something made by me. :) http://expressiveworld.com/?p=1965

    ReplyDelete