Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Bear with Me

I have finally finished my third revision and what a relief. After going through my fabulous beta’s comments, and taking in my editor’s suggestions, I dug deep on this revision. This edit added 24 more pages, thickening the suspense, and I can’t thank my beta reader and editor enough for their hard work and thoroughness. Along with the additional chapters, I created a character list (as they appear) and another document for dates, notes and additional chapters.

It felt like I was working on this revision for a long time, but I want to make it the best it can be. In my experience as a reader, I think thrillers are more plot driven than character driven, but mine has to balance the two. It’s important I keep the two a high priority. As a whole, my characters and plot need to bring the reader in and keep them interested, and I think I’m really close to the finish line.

Thank you for following along with my writing. Hope you have a nice week.

2 comments:

  1. "I think I'm really close to the finish line."

    Seriously?

    Hooray for you, Bea! Can you see me doing my cheerleading jump over here?! ;-) Ooh, ouch, I think I just pulled a muscle—but it was worth it b/c someone has got to cheer you on until you cross that line, baby!

    I can't wait to hear all the details about your experience (soon)! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! Barb, it's friends like you who support without hidden agendas, and who are truly happy for me that keep me going. I couldn't have done it without you...and I truly mean that.

    I can't wait to talk to you. WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete