Saturday, November 29, 2008

And the Winner Is....

Well, I did it I'm officially a National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) 2008 Winner! I can't believe it, can someone pinch me? Last Friday, I think my word count was around 25,000 words, so I doubted I could win.

I wrote a novel back in 2003, edited and revised several times before locking it away in a drawer. Over the past year, I wrote short stories and recently a few poems thinking novel writing isn’t for me. NaNoWriMo gave me the opportunity to challenge myself to see if I had another novel brewing inside, and guess what, I did. I haven't finished my NaNoWriMo story, but the challenge is to write 50,000 words during the month of November and as of right now I have 50,177 (381 KB), a thriller titled Unveil.

I want to thank my mom, Kimmi and Jakie for their encouragement. It helps to have some people cheering in your corner, and I had a few greats cheering for me.

Congratulations to all the NaNoWriMo 2008 Winners!



8 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your accomplishment! That is no easy feat, and you must feel great knowing you have another novel in you. Keep working, and happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Joanne it does feel great. Now I'm ready for a drink. LOL!

    I'll take your advise about working and writing. Maybe this is the 'One'. Take care and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo!!! You did it!!! And you even met the target one day early!!!

    *hugs the Winner*

    But don't you dare and let this one disappear in that drawer as well ;). Do its title justice and unveil it! I want a printed copy in my bookcase!

    I'm so proud of you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D Thanks, my friend, I'm giddy.

    *sighs*

    I hope when I finish and reread it, I'll find it worthy of editing and revising.

    Your support means a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo! Wonderful! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome - congratulations! You NANOers amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Turkey and Rachel. Hope you ladies had a great Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY BABY!!! Whoo Whoo, so proud of you!!!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete