Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Wednesday Woe or Whoa!

I’m the youngest of my siblings, the baby of the family, and a Wednesday Woe Child—supposedly a life full of grief and sorrow. I’m not saying I haven’t had hard times in my life, but I can’t say my life is full of misery and sorrow. I’ve lost some dear family members…but so have many other people in this world. It doesn’t make my life any different. Yes, I’m still struggling to get over the loss of my mother…at the present time woe seems to have a vise grip, though I’m thankful that I had her as my mom.

As a matter of fact, I’ve been blessed with so many things in my life. All roads lead to happiness, that’s if you look at the hard times as part of the learning process. Something good comes out of bad situations. I love and treasure many things I did and shouldn’t have done—they were some of the best lessons of my life. These were Whoa! moments when I had to stop and find my way back to the crossroad to find another road to walk. I walked away from men I loved, knowing that a life with them would not work out, and I wasted years not knowing what I wanted to do with my life—a lost child. During those years, I found my way back to the crossroads and picked another one with a plan.

And there were other Whoa! moments when I couldn’t believe the fabulous was happening. Like when I received my first semester of A’s and B’s on my transcript. When I became a LAN Administrator based on my abilities, not education, and this boosted my salary to a Whoa moment. The opportunities I took to travel abroad to see age-old buildings and observe other cultures with a Whoa. The day I met and fell in love with the Love of my life, looking at our past, present and future with nothing less than a smile and a Whoa! If someone told me years ago that I’d meet a man from Germany at the age of 40, fall in love, and plan to spend the rest of my life with him, I would have definitely responded with a, “Whoa! You’re crazy!” But also is a life of woe.

 An urban legend is all
it is of Wednesday woe

We choose each hall
to walk; every friend and foe

When we’re out of luck
with too much to tow

Avoid passing the buck
and get your life to flow

So when you hear it said,
“You’re a Wednesday Woe.”

Ignore the lingering dread
Step back and shout, “Hell no!”

Whoas and opportunity,
Bea

4 comments:

  1. Aw, I love this post. Your creativity and thoughts make me smile.

    It is a blessing to believe that something good comes out of hard situations. I have found that to be the case many times in my life, but never during the midst of the hard times...always when I look back.

    I say, 'Hell no!' on this Wednesday, too! Happy hump day. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad I made you smile.

    I don't think anyone thinks something good will come out of a hard situation during the situation.

    It sounds like you command of your Wednesday! Carpe Diem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I LOVED this! I especially loved your double use of the word woe/whoa. So clever!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great piece. Life is definitely full of whoa and woe, but it's all about the whoa! And it sounds like you've had a lot of awesome whoa moments.

    ReplyDelete