Tuesday, April 1, 2014

National Poetry Month



It’s April 1st, and the start of National Poetry Month. Again, I will try to post a poem a day, and this isn't an April Fool's joke. There will be a few repeats, some new, and some from other poets. Hope you enjoy.

This poem is an Epigram. It’s a short saying, usually in verse, and a satirical twist at the end. Most of the time it has a single thought or event.

April Fools is full of pranks, but few think it deserves thanks.
                      
I’m sure many of you know what a Haiku is, but if not, it is a 3-line poem with seventeen syllables, 5/7/5.

A dreamer of dance
Many try outs come and go
Dreams fade like the years

Poetry and Rhyme,
Bea

3 comments:

  1. WOOHOO! Join in whenever you feel like it by posting a poem in the comments. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just realized I exclaimed 26 poems. I must have the A-Z Challenge on my brain. Clearly, I know April has 30 days ;)

    ReplyDelete