Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Try a Triolet



Here we have a Triolet of French origin. It’s an eight line poem with repetition, so the poet only writes five lines with the other lines repeated and rhymed.

The poet repeats the first line of verse on the fourth and seventh line. Then the second line is repeated at the end. The rhyme follows the end words of the first two lines.
 
The paved green path politicians make,
Has nothing to do with our fate,
Except the denial for a piece of their cake!
The paved green path politicians make,
From noisy promises turned inner ache,
And one to the next, we take their bait.
The paved green path politicians make, 
Has nothing to do with our fate!


I wrote this today, but you get the picture.

Try and Triolet,
Bea

1 comment:

  1. I simply love learning about poetic forms. Triolets are a fairly new one to me, but I've added it to my growing list of forms I need to try.

    ReplyDelete