Monday, April 7, 2014

Shape Up!



Shape and concrete poetry allows the poem to take on the shape of the subject. If the subject is a flower, the poem is shaped like a flower. Concrete poetry doesn’t necessarily have to take on the shape of the subject, but the words can enhance the effect of the poems. Here’s my take on Shape Poetry.                                                                    

                                            In          

                                   the

                                 cool

                                mor

     ning

        air,

       your

    arom

                           a cudd

       les me

and plays a role in my routine. For your job is not

 to just wake me up, but for me to enjoy the flavor

  of your company. The richness and blend that m

    a  kes your bean so special to me, how it hugs

     my soul like a good friend. Without you, I w

       ould struggle to move. To think. To smile.

         So you save me from my Hyde self. M

           y day does not suffer when you are

             absent in my daily life. Our frien

                  dship shall last the test of

                        time. Coffee love.

Coffee and Poetry, 
Bea

4 comments:

  1. This is fantastic. I love this. And not just because I'm a coffee fiend and may or may not be on my 3rd cup of the morning while reading this. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BFTS, Glad you do. Thanks for the enthusiastic response.

      Delete
  2. Concrete poems can be such fun. I always used to like to see what students would come up with when I gave one as an assignment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I bet those students came up with some interesting shapes. LOL!

      Delete