Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Wally Lamb Fan

I can’t even begin to express how excited I am. A friend from Absolute Write writing forum told me that Wally Lamb has a new book coming out on November 11, 2008. It is called The Hour I First Believed, and there is an editorial review about it on Amazon.com. I was going to use his book cover, but I'm unsure of copyright laws. Anyways, for the passed few years when I have been in Borders or Barnes & Noble, I asked if he had a book coming out and always left disappointed. Now I get to dive into the beauty of Wally Lamb’s writing and experience the emotions, traumas and revelations with his characters. My favorite book of his is I Know This Much is True, about twin brothers, Dominick and Thomas. Thomas suffers from schizophrenia and Dominick suffers from guilt and anger. Has anyone else read Wally Lamb’s books, and what do you think of his stories and writing?

Before buying a book, I go through a particular process. Many times the cover captures my attention and from there I read the synopsis, the article reviews (writer comparisons), and then the first two pages of the book. Do you have a process you go through when buying a book? His second book intrigued me enough to buy, and I’m glad to experience his voice. Thank you, Mr. Lamb.

2 comments:

  1. About 7 years ago i took up reading again, remembering how much i loved it. The only problem was i could never find a book i was truly attatched to or a story i really enjoyed, untill i found, I Know This Much Is True. From then on i have become a big fan of Wally Lamb. His stories are fiction, yet can relate so well to reality. I find it so hard to wait for him to release a new book, he really is my fave auther.
    Candice Gallagher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Candice,

    So glad you stopped by to comment. I'm the same way about waiting for his next book release. I love his characters, flaws and all.

    Take care.

    ReplyDelete