Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Dismay over 401K

I’ve avoided looking at my 401K until curiosity got the best of me. Is curiosity one of the deadly sins, because I think I’m being punished? I can’t believe how much I lost, which made me think of all those soon to retirees. My sympathies to all of you.

In every household is dismay,
Our monies gone, and now we pay,
Republican, or Democrat,
Sits in the Senate, getting fat.

Watch the markets rise and fall,
Follow suit, international.
Pray we choose the right President,
He follows through, on what he meant.

6 comments:

  1. Scary isn't it?

    Nice poem! I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for the future too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really appreciate you stopping by. I wish the best for all of us. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice poem, really took the edge off the fact that my 401k is HALF OF WHAT IT WAS!!! GRRRR!

    *deep breathes*

    OK, I'm better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Shadow. I had to write the poem to stop the tears from falling. I'm not retiring yet, but I did stop breathing for a few seconds when I saw my 401K.

    Maybe we should have afternoon virtual yoga time, to breathe deep, breathe out and release the 401K tension. :D

    I appreciate you stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, ((((hugs)))) my friend!

    ReplyDelete