Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday Wishes!


This sunny day has beckoned me to rise,

to seize the possibilities of life.

Head tilted back with a prayer to the skies

advance in writing like engraving knife.

Check off the goals of those finished by pen

Heart pumps joy, hoping a means to an end.

Stony path towards splendid future, times ten

genre, outlets to choose, a writer’s blend.

Have the birds’ soar singing my favorite song

of one who thrives by following their love.

Embrace passions that remain true and strong,

Where ease and success fits you like a glove.

Let Sunday come to request your wishes

Pursue through the week like swimming fishes.


4 comments:

  1. Hi Bea,
    I do like this one. : ) I know you like to hear some views so I will say line four caused a little pause of clarity for me, but after reading again a couple times it did fit. I’m certainly not a literature authority by any stretch of the imagination. LOL!
    Hope this sunny Sunday was enjoyed. I sure liked mine. Just like your poem I’m planning my wishes for the week. It is looking like a great week! Hope yours is too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Veejay!

    I read the line again and I can see where it doesn't flow as well as the others. I appreciate your comment and will reread to see if it needs maybe a word tweak, or leave as you say. ;) You are an authority because you're a reader.

    My Sunday was great and I'm still sitting out on my porch enjoying the beautiful weather. Good for you and hope your wishes come true this week.

    Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a very beautiful piece. I feel involved in the words, as you express them so. :)

    Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Ana. I’m glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete