Tuesday, August 28, 2012

There’s No Place Like Home


I’ve been displaced for some time now, moving from one place to another, until now. My move to Germany went as smooth as possible. We had a day and evening layover in London before making it here.

In the past, we would be booking flights to travel to different places in Europe, but we had to put that on hold. Too many things to get done, such as getting the flat in order and signing up for German classes, which I already did. I’m excited about my German classes. It’s definitely a necessity living here. I can’t very well walk around saying, “Ich bin aus USA und ich lerne Deutsch aber nich gute.” (I am from the USA and I learn German but not good).

Our flat is coming along great. We have one junk room, like most homes, where we just threw everything in to deal with later. We’ve been planting, painting, hanging curtains, shopping for items for the flat, and cooking in between. My love and I love to cook, BUT we are also trying to lose weight, so we’re basically staying home and making our own meals.

This is a dish my Love made when we first arrived. It’s Quinoa with Sausage and Peppers. We have parsley, basil and chive plants, which you’ll see parsley sprinkled on top with some gouda cheese. This dish is fantastic. I think I’ll keep him for this meal alone. *smiles*


I make most of the meals, but once in a while he likes to pop into the kitchen, mess it up, and present scrumptious things. Last week, my Love made two walnut zucchini breads. I only had a few slices spread out over a few days and it was wonderful.

My Love likes the egg and muffins I make that are much better than McDonald’s. So again, he made these sausage patties and we froze them for when we have these for breakfast. Below are the Turkey Sage Sausage Patties he made--another fantastic recipe, and much healthier than McDonald’s. 


As of now, we’re coming along in our new home—making it our own and warming our bellies in between. Hope this finds everyone well.

Home and Cooking,
Bea

12 comments:

  1. Welcome home, dear Bea... and Bon appétit to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Danke Schoen, Poet! Thanks for stopping by and commenting.

      Delete
  2. Im glad to read things are going well. You deserve the best. Take care doll. Melissa M.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hugs to you, my friend. I appreciate you stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful post D! So happy things are going smoothly :) loving the food posts :)))) Jacquee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I'll be posting about my travels here, the foods, my green thumb(maybe not)...Take care.

      Delete
  4. hello to all this blogger is fit all food realted thigs in this site

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Denise, It is wonderful to hear that things are well with you. That meal looks yummy.
    Bon Appetit!. Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looking forward to more pictures of food and of your travels! I took German in high school and college, but all I've seen of Germany is the Munich airport. Someday, I will get to see the sights there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will get to Germany and put those German courses to use. :)

      Delete