Saturday, March 23, 2013

I Just Kindled



The beauty of connecting with other writers is learning about them and new tips to help us all out. Being an author is tough; it’s a hard and lonely road of hard work, dedication and perseverance. When you come across another writer sharing information that opens more doors for you (I happened to find this on Goodreads), well, I can’t help but feel all tingly inside.

I just kindled with Send to Kindle. It’s an Amazon widget to add to websites. Sometimes we might come across something we want to read, but don’t have time to read it at the moment. The Send to Kindle button lets you download the site to your Kindle so you can enjoy the content at your leisure. Here’s an explanation and instructional link - http://www.amazon.com/gp/sendtokindle/developers/button.

It really is a great add-on for websites and blogs in giving your content more exposure. I added it to my Author Website, The Book of Denise Baer - A Novel Idea, and my blog (look at the top of my post). I also added it to my new Tumblr Page – Denise Baer’s Writing.

The instructions worked without any problems on my website and tumblr, but I had to do some tweaking on my blog. If you have any questions or problems loading this widget, please don’t hesitate to email me. You’ll find the link to my email under my profile. I hope this helps spread the word about you and your achievements.

Sharing and Kindle,
Bea

8 comments:

  1. That's pretty cool. I will have to explore this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought about it, but it's a great idea. Someone can actually download my author website or blog onto their Kindle. :)

      Delete
  2. sounds like a brilliant idea! will have to have a look - thanks for sharing, louise x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a cool idea. I keep track of blog posts in an RSS reader, but have yet to experiment with efficient ways of keeping track of the random stuff I come across that I don't have time to read. I'll definitely check this widget out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to know I heard of this before you so I could help you out. You're always giving good tips.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, this is very cool. We'll definitely be checking this out. This is right up our alley. Thanks for sharing! I already sent this post to my Kindle, just to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like. I was wondering if it does work since I don't have a Kindle. It prompts me to choose, so I assumed it was working.

      Delete