Thursday, April 11, 2013

Death Dream


Cento is Latin for “patchwork”. It’s a collage of other poet’s works. The poem borrows lines from other poets without meter or rhyme. I loved putting this poem together because I got a glimpse at so many poets’ poems. This poem entails lines from Robert Frost, William Shakespeare, Maya Angelou, Walt Whitman, William Blake, John Keats, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, Dorothy Parker, Robert Browning, Percy Bysshe Shelley, Alfred Lord Tennyson and Edgar Allan Poe. Each author’s line is linked to the poem.

Dark Eye Glances

Death Dream




For the heart whose woes are legion
'Tis a peaceful, soothing region-



Patchwork and Creation,
Bea

6 comments:

  1. Ha, what a cool poem. I like that, mixing lines together to create an entirely different poem. I think you did a really good job with this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much! I actually had a lot of fun creating this poem. It took me 3 hours to gather the lines to create a new poem.

      Delete
  2. I like it. You have taken a darker turn of late and I dare say I find it bewitching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *bobs eyebrows* I think poetry is actually great for writing deep, dark and/or depressing.

      Delete
  3. First it was a palindrome and now a cento that you've introduced you me to! I thought the glossary of poetic forms I made for my creative writing students was fairly complete, but that is obviously not the case ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great how we can learn new things from each other. I'm just glad I can contribute something.

      Delete