Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Home



Diamante is a seven-line poem that shows contrast, and is set-up like a diamond shape. Below is a simple format:

Line 1: Noun or subject
Line 2: Two Adjectives describing the first noun/subject
Line 3: Three -ing words describing the first noun/subject
Line 4: Four words: two about the first noun/subject, two about the antonym/synonym
Line 5: Three -ing words about the antonym/synonym
Line 6: Two adjectives describing the antonym/synonym
Line 7: Antonym/synonym for the subject

Home

Home
intimate, contented
sedating, devoting, cherishing
retreat, unwind, exertion, pursuit
stressing, disliking, distracting
formal, dissatisfied
Work

Home and Work,
Bea

6 comments:

  1. Denise, I am loving the education in poetry this month. I hope to get up enough courage to try some of what you're teaching here. :)

    Btw, the home in that picture is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barb, I'm glad you like the different kinds of poetry. I have a feeling you'll be posting a poem by the end of April. :)

      Thanks. The picture is of William Shakespeare's childhood home. I took it when I went to Stratford-Upon-Avon.

      Delete
  2. I used to have students write diamantes as a way to describe characters in the stories we were reading in class.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeri, that's a great way to describe characters in stories. Great inventive way of teaching.

      Delete
  3. My house feels like this at times too.

    ReplyDelete