Monday, April 8, 2013

Wear Tattoo


Acrostic poem – The first letter of each line spells out a word or phrase, which is normally the title of the poem. I attempted a double acrostic that also ends each line with that letter.

Wear Tattoo

Whether we’re somebody big or a shadow
Everyone has a right to express their creative side
Anywhere on their body—a picture of Madonna,
Resting near our heart, or words from an ancestor.


The whereabouts of your artistic placement
Adds to its emotional want—your own galleria.
Tobacco grey may be the color of choice, or a light
Teal to fill in parts of a full moonset.
Oblige imagination and make your body a fresco
Or a secret message of graffito.

Expression and Tattoo,
Bea

8 comments:

  1. Very cool! I've never seen a double acrostic. I think you pulled it off masterfully.

    I'm torn on tattoos. I respect those who have them and put some real thought into them (as opposed to, you know, give me a tribal band on my arm just cuz it makes me look tough). But I don't think I'd get one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks much! This was written this morning.

      Tattoos are really a personal choice. Some people hate them. Some go overboard, some just get whatever and some think about what they want. I actually have three little ones; two Chinese symbols and the number 4 meaning "To Desire 4 Eternity".

      I'll be getting another one this summer.

      Delete
  2. Acrostics can be such fun, and they were always great for the classroom. I've never tried a double acrostic. You amaze me, poetess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a blast to write. I wasn't sure if I could do the double acrostic, but I had to try the challenge. Thanks much.

      Delete
  3. I currently have three tats. Eventually I would like a 4th. But time and money and all that goes along with it...

    Tats are a very personal art form. Your poem here does nicely at conveying the personal feelings involved.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tats are personal, so thanks for letting me know that my poem conveyed it.

      Delete
  4. I sent this one to a relative who owns and operates a tattoo shop. He loved it. Maybe a new style to offer to his clients? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice to send it on...and even nicer to see you here. :)

      Delete