Friday, April 19, 2013

Time



This poem was also published in Danse Macabre in 2010. I apologize for my laziness regarding new poems. We’ve had some nice weather this week and I’ve taken advantage of it.

Time

Time melts with age.
Solid youth a poor listener
concerning wilted eras.
Unprepared for this stage,
body and mind a foreigner,
apart from a checklist of errors.

Reflect on love,
healer of anxieties,
pull closer to the Promised Land.
Sleep sound, a peaceful dove.
Open your heart to pieties,
when He extends a forgiving hand.


Age and Time,
Bea

6 comments:

  1. I really like the tone of this one ;) Hope you enjoy more good weather this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Nice to see you here, Scarlett. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  3. I love Salvadore Dali art. Great pairing with your poem.

    ReplyDelete